Internships & International Students
GEU Students at Foreign University+
Global Internship Programme at DUBAI, 2017
MBA Students of the 2016-18 batch from GEU and GEHU visited Dubai for Global Internship Programme during 28th October to 2nd November 2017 accompanied by faculty members. Students visited American University (Dubai), Middlesex University (Dubai), NAKHEEL and KIZAD. Students had sessions like:
“Logistic Management in Dubai Expo 2020 " by Dr. Haasan Zeineddine, Department of management studies in American University, Dubai;
KIZAD role in building UAE’s economy by Ms. Alyazia Al Suwaidi, Project Head, KIZAD;
Visit to Middlesex University, Dubai
Visit to NAKHEEL.
Summer Internship at Hochschule Fulda, University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Ms. Pinky Tomar (B.A. Psychology (H)) student of Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, GEU carried out her summer internship titled “International Health Aspects of Stress Management” and 40 hours German Language Course from 1st July to 29th July 2017 at Hochschule Fulda, University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
- We also provide Internships through AIESEC
- Number of students from the University have carried out internships at following countries Poland, Russia, Thailand, China, Philippines, Egypt, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Malaysia, through AIESEC, an International Students Organization
Internships in the Academic Year 2015-16
||Btech (4th Year)
||Bcom Hons (2nd Year)
||Young and Perspective
||Bcom Hons (2nd Year)
||Ability Beyond Disability
||BSc IT (2nd Year)
Foreign University students at Graphic Era University+
Summer Internship Program for International Students at GEU
Mr. Luis Guyllermo Orozco, student of Dalhousie University, Canada has carried out an internship from 12th July 2017 to 25th Aug 2017 at the Department of Civil Engineering at Graphic Era University. He carried out the work entitled “Design of RC flat-rooted Duplex building as per Canadian Building Codes” under the supervision of Prof. Parvan Kumar Emani.
Ms. Claire Porchet, student of University Geneva, Switzerland has carried out an internship from 27th June 2017 to 02nd Aug 2017 at the Department of Management at Graphic Era University. She carried out the work entitled “Financial Literacy and Planning: How do professional Responds? (A study of University Professors and Students)” under the supervision of Prof. Narendra Singh Bohra.
Studying abroad is an act of a student pursuing educational opportunities in a country other than one's own and in making this possible, GEU offers Study Abroad Programme that allows the students to experience the international study culture under the framework of a different educational system abroad. It makes sure that the student is at a safe and convenient location. There are many personal benefits and ways to grow both professionally and personally if you choose to study abroad.
Benefits of Study Abroad Programme
- Education in World Culture: Studying abroad allows the students to immerse themselves in an environment filled with new customs and an entirely different culture that is completely unique to their host country. In this setting, students will be able to acquire knowledge in both the classroom and the world outside.
- Language Acquisition: It helps to acquire knowledge of foreign language and helps in personal growth.
- Professional Growth
- Look Great in an Interview: Employers often look for students who challenge themselves and learn from their experiences.The experiences and wisdom they acquire while being abroad can give them plenty of examples and real life situations to integrate into an interview to better illustrate their strengths and work ethic. It helps the student to integrate their cross-cultural and international skills on the resume and cover letter too.
- Discover a New Career Path: The experiences they take advantage of having been abroad can influence the rest of your life in regards to career goals.
- Experience of a lifetime: The learning is for the life time and we promote universal access of the education among the students with knowledge, confidence and requisite skills, act as a positive reinforcement in the era of globalisation.
While studying abroad, the students will be given the opportunity to continue further their academic study in a foreign country. There are a variety of programs to choose from, some immerse them directly in a foreign culture and language, while others ease them into a culture shock with support services designed specifically for study abroad students. With so many unique programs, it may be easy for students to find a good fit for their personality and goals and take this opportunity to expose themselves to the world. Globalizing themselves may help in understanding how a student, as an individual, fits into this world.