Soft Skills & Personality Development Program
The Personality Development and Professional Communication training team (PDP and PC) at Graphic Era is a dedicated in house team which prepares the students for campus placements making them job ready and ensuring a smooth transition from academia to corporate. The team also provides exclusive training for various competitive exams and higher level job opportunities.
The members of the team are specialized trainers having the experience and expertise in training students for various competitive exams like Common Admission Test (CAT) of the IIMs, Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT), Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), Combined Defence Services (CDS) etc.
The preparatory program has been designed according to the need of the student and is divided into the following levels:
- Basic Level
- Advanced Level
- Placement Drive
- Test Series for practice
- Assessment on Cocubes and AMCAT platfroms
1. Basic Level
- Design and integration of modules under Professional Communication and Career Skills.
- Skills imparted: Basic of Professional Communication, behavior and etiquettes. Skills in Verbal Ability. Aptitude skills including Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. Soft skills including but not limited to Personality Development, Training for Group Discussions and Interviews.
- Skills which are credit based and evaluated on a continuous basis for overall learning and development.
- Classroom teaching is supported by study material including concepts and practice questions created internally for the students.
- Language Lab which includes the basic modules of Professional Communication.
2. Advanced Level
Besides regular classroom teaching, Technical and Aptitude training for higher level job opportunities involving enhanced skills is provided separately in the form of extra classes on Saturday and Sunday and in the evening after normal class hours on regular working days.
- These classes are typically offered for an Engineering student when he or she gets into the 6th Semester.
- These additional sessions help the students in getting selected for product companies like Amazon, IBM, Informatica, Adobe with higher packages.
- Help the students to get prepared for some of the best and toughest competitive examinations in the country and abroad like CAT, GRE, GMAT and GATE.
- Syllabus of Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, Verbal Ability and Soft skills has been planned according to the recent trend.
3. Placement Drive
The final touch is provided through a rigorous 40 day program called “Placement Drive” which include revision classes, practice sheets, mock tests and interview preparation.
- The structured and rigorous preparation for making students industry ready has led to overwhelming selections and job offers in multinationals like Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Capgemini etc.
- The classes are conducted on a regular basis and the time table is designed in such a way that there is minimum hindrance and disturbance in the regular classes of the 7th semester students.
- As a part of the Placement Drive, the students are also put through a number of mock sessions for Group Discussions and Interviews.
- Every student is attached to a faculty member for overall mentoring and guidance.
- Comprehensive Training specific to Placement has been provided. The training and placement team provides specialized sessions for Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Essay Writing, Group Discussions, Resume Building, Interview skills soft skills, overall grooming, personality development and career counseling and guidance during the regular course of the semester.
4. Test Series for Practice
- A comprehensive Test Series for practice comprising of 50 tests for various companies like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Capgemini, Adobe, Cognizant etc. Graphic Era has a tie up with Hit Bulls Eye for the Test Series.
- Internal tests conducted on a regular basis for practice.
5. Assessment on Skill Development and Job assistance portal
The students of the university are provided with the opportunity to get assessed for their skills on third party portals, given a comprehensive report regarding their skill sets and the improvements needed and also the opportunity to apply for and get interviewed by various organisations for placement. Graphic Era University has tie up with Aspiring Minds and Cocubes for the above mentioned assessments and placement opportunities.