Under Graduate Programmes
Ph.D in Electrical Engineering+
|Eligibility||Master’s Degree from any AIU/UGC/AICTE recognized University/ Institutions or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in the fields of study notified from time to time by the University. A minimum of 55% marks or CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (50% marks or CGPA of 5.0 on a 10 point scale for SC/ST candidates).||
Contact person for PhD. Admissions:
Office of Dean Research
|Admission Procedure||Admissions are on the basis of GATE/NET/SLET scores or written test followed by interview by the Department concerned with due attention to National/State Reservation.|
Scope After Electrical Engineering+
Scope after Electrical Engineering
There is plentiful job prospects in both private and public/govt. sectors such as:
Electrical engineering is one of those engineering branches that have more job opportunities in government sector as compared to private and MNC sectors.
GATE for PSUs
- Most of the reputed core electrical companies owned or authorized by Indian government accepts job applications via GATE score only. Companies like NTPC, EIL, BHEL etc. consider gate score as the prior stage of their selection process.
UPSC And IES (Indian Engineering Services)
The Engineering services offer a wide range of services and roles for electrical engineers. Some of the key services and roles include:
- Central Electrical Engineering Services (Central Public Work Department)
- Central Power Engineering And Services
- EME, Indian Army
- Military Engineering Services
- Indian Navy
- Indian Railway
- P&T Building work services etc.
Electrical engineers are highly in demand by core organizations and industries. The core electrical companies based on metal, power, Petroleum, Automobile etc. have a huge set of electrical machines. Usually, the job posts offered by these core electrical industries are:
- Site Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Machine Operator Engineer
- Construction and project-based jobs are known as another excellent opportunity for electrical engineers. There are so many reputed companies like BHEL, L&T, Engineer India Limited, EPIL etc that offer jobs in this field.
- The key role of electrical engineers in this field is to design units and set up units of power plants, grids, refineries, metal industries, smelting units etc.