About the Department
The Department of Computer Application is an embodiment of the strength and excellence of Graphic Era Deemed to be University in the domain of Computer Applications. It hosts Department of Computer Applications which is one of the oldest departments of the institution functioning since 1998. The department of Computer Application provides a stimulating academic environment that amalgamates the best of conventional and modern pedagogy, rich and industry-relevant curriculum, through extremely competent faculty staff and intensive teaching-learning processes and continuous evaluation system.
The curriculum offers a wholesome coverage of technical subjects and specializations in programming, web applications, and networking. It is further strengthened with practicals, projects and a component of industry training. In addition to this there are regular industrial visits, experiential learning trips and in-house events. Another plus point is the component of ‘career-skills’ which emphasizes on developing aptitude, quantitative ability, reasoning and soft-skills. The Department has strong alumni strength in form of seventeen batches of undergraduate and fifteen batches of post-graduate students passed out, and working successfully at various reputed national and multi-national organizations, in India and abroad. With a commitment toward quality technical education and career facilitation, the School of Computer Application strives ahead as a Centre for Excellence in Computer Application.
The Vision of the Department: To create competent, quality -IT professionals
- To inculcate the spirit of dedication, integrity, trust and foremost discipline in the minds of our present generation and to be nation builders.
- To emerge as centre of excellence and research in the field of computer education and application with distinct identity and character in all areas of its dimensions.
The Mission of the Department
The mission of the department of Computer Application is to promote learning in the true sense of the term and in an equally true spirit. The department t offers high quality world class education in computer applications so as to develop a new and smart generation of computer applications professionals who are not merely ethically but socially responsible too.
The Objectives of the Department:
Keeping both the mission and the vision of the university in mind the department has the following objectives to give impetus to its efforts in all the spheres of knowledge and learning.
- To offer quality education to students thereby enhancing their domain expertise.
- To involve and empower all: students and faculty alike in the ever growing process of learning.
- To provide industrial exposure to students by arranging industrial visits, guest lectures etc.
- To emerge as a centre of excellence by adopting the best practices not only in the realm of technology but also in Research and Development.
- To ensure equal participation of the faculty and the students in the sphere of research and development.
- To strive towards achieving 100% results and facilitating placement of everyone.
|Dr Sushil Dimri||Prof||31-May-2001|
|Dr Kamlesh Chandra Purohit||AS||7-Sep-2005|
|Dr Rajesh Pokhriyal||AS||1-Apr-2005|
|Mr Jai Shankar Bhatt||AP||14-Aug-2006|
|Dr Dinesh Chandra Dobhal||AS||12-Aug-2006|
|Mr Sanjiv Kumar||AP||4-Oct-2006|
|Dr Lata Nautiyal||AS||20-Mar-2006|
|Ms Varsha Mittal||AP||8-Aug-2007|
|Ms Priya Matta||AP||26-Mar-2008|
|Ms Geetika Sharma||AP||26-Jul-2010|
|Ms Neelam Singh||AP||12-May-2011|
|Dr A S Shukla||Prof||14-Jul-2000|
|Dr Umesh Kumar Tiwari||AS||1-Oct-2009|
|Ms Deepti Negi||PTL||5-Apr-2010|
|Mr Harendra Singh Negi||AP||1-May-2013|
|Mr Ashish Kumar Sharma||PTL||1-May-2017|
|Ms Vandana Rawat||AP||15-May-2017|
|Mr Shashank Pathak||PTL||4-May-2017|
|Dr Chandan Gupta||AP||16-Aug-2018|
|Mr Anuj Singh Rawat||AP||10-Jul-2019|
|Mr Bhawnesh Kumar||AP||5-Oct-19|