About the Department
The Department of Commerce has been established in the year 2014 with an aim to create professional curriculum of B.Com (Honors). B.Com (Honors) at GEU equips graduates with the knowledge and technical skills necessary to understand and participate in the modern business world. The course also prepares students for subsequent graduate studies and allows them to achieve the highest level of success in their professional careers. The Bachelor of Commerce provides a solid foundation in economics, quantitative methods and organizational behavior, exposing them to multi-disciplinary knowledge and skills. In Department of Commerce search for knowledge complements sense of responsibility, understanding is coupled with the commitment, and academic excellence goes with the cultivation of virtue.
The vision envisaged by the department of commerce for the long-term benefit and gain of the students passing from this institute are encompassed and envisioned within the following parameters and aspects
- To create a vibrant centre for education with innovative ideas and a radical approach.
- To ensure that students are well equipped adequate with knowledge, working acumen and skills derived from a practical and a factual approach rather than a theoretical one.
- To identify genuine talent as well as inculcating a robust value system by providing them abundant opportunities round the clock to understand their potential thereby shaping them as future leaders.
- The department also strives to imbibe strong entreprenueal capabilities in the students so that they are not only job seekers but also job generator.
- Lastly, to be a success story, a person is required to be honest, have professional integrity, good judgment, a fair outlook so as to operate in the society as a stable capable profitable, productive and a just human being.
To ensure a quality of education at par with the premier institutions of this country, to enumerate standard operating procedures for standardising the template in a uniform manner such that it becomes a guiding beacon both for the faculty as well students.
- Constant up gradation of the syllabus to keep abreast of the changing environment in the field of commerce.
- To identify the key result areas and use them as a milestone for constantly upgrading and improving the quality of education.
- To create a research-oriented environment for the benefit of the faculty as well as the institution.
- To lay down criteria's and systems in place for periodical and long-term development of the batches of students passing through the department of commerce.
B.Com (Hons) International Accounting & Finance in collaboration with ACCA, UK
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants. The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants - is the UK based professional accountancy body which is accepted and recognized in 183 countries. It offers business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability, and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
ACCA supports its 188,000 members and 480,000 students in 178 countries, helping them to develop successful careers in accounting and business, with the skills required by employers. ACCA works through a network of 100 offices and centers and more than 7,110 Approved Employers worldwide, who provide high standards of employee learning and development. Through its public interest remit, ACCA promotes appropriate regulation of accounting and conducts relevant research to ensure accountancy continues to grow in reputation and influence.
Learning Partner: ISDC
ISDC – International Skill Development Corporation is a Limited Company Registered under the Companies Act of England and Wales, 2006 and having operations across the globe. It imparts a set of Skill Development Activities through its structured plan and aims at Developing Skills for Tomorrow. The operation includes the various Skill Development Projects, Professional and Vocational Education Activities, International Schools and Colleges, Professional and Corporate Training, Consulting and finally on Research & Development.
ISDC holds a top-notch position among the of Gold Approved Learning Partners of ACCA and have to their credit around a decades’ experience in imparting coaching for ACCA Examinations with a high success rate in the examinations during all these years
The B.Com in International Accounting & Finance which leads to ACCA qualification from the UK along with the B.Com degree from Graphic Era University. This proposed B.Com is eligible for gaining 6 paper exemptions out of 14 towards the ACCA Qualification and the student has to write only 8 papers to qualify ACCA. As soon as they finish F7, F8 and F9 exam(Financial Reporting, Audit & Assurance, and Financial Management) ; they are eligible for an Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Business and BSc in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University, UK by submitting a Research Project ( Optional ). The students can attain the Certificate in IFRS by attending an online open book examination soon after their Financial Reporting Paper in the Semester 3
B Com International Accounting & Finance Embedded with ACCA has been designed in such a way to achieve the following objectives:
1. Open a broader horizon of opportunities to the students in the Global Finance and Business Industry.
2. The Program will enable them to inculcate the finance and business acumen which the employers look forward and the Skills for tomorrow.
3. This program is expected to create enhanced competence of career positioning tied up with for the learner to become a Global Professional.
On the way to ACCA membership, there are lots of qualifications a student can achieve gain along the way:
1. An Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business
2. Certificate in International Financial Reporting Standards
3. BSc (Hons) Degree in Applied Accounting awarded by Oxford Brookes University, London ( Optional )
4. ACCA Membership
1. ACCA has a global presence across 180 countries which allow ACCA members and students to build strong networks across the world.
2. With an increase in number of career opportunities and therefore intense competition, ACCA membership recognizable badge sets the members/students apart.
3. Recognitions given to ACCA by a number of key educational regulators globally gives the advantage of official endorsements by educational regulators which add value to the qualifications of its members and students. This is widely understood by the employers. ACCA is officially a Recognized Supervisory Body responsible for statutory auditors. It is the founding member body of International Federation of Accountants. These mutual recognition arrangements with national bodies and regulators around the world allow ACCA members/students to obtain educational recognition and statutory recognition in a number of countries around the world.
4. 89% of Forbes 500 and 75% of Forbes 2000 companies employ ACCA members and students.
5. ACCA works with 8500 approved employers globally who provide high standards of employee learning and development. ACCA’s assured qualification means that employers can be confident in the ability and knowledge of their members.
B.Com. (Hons) Corporate Accounting and Financial Analysis with. CMA, USA
IMA is the worldwide association of accountants and financial professionals working in the business. For more than 90 years IMA has been a champion of and resource for the financial management and accounting profession.
The CMA® credential is the key to greater career potential which imparts the mastery of the critical accounting and financial management skills needed for the job today. CMAs earn the credential through work experience, a rigorous two-part exam, and continuing education.
Wiley's Global Research business is a provider of content-enabled solutions to improve outcomes in research, education and professional practice with online tools, journals, books, databases, reference works and laboratory protocols. Wiley is the official publishers of IMA material across the world.
Miles Education is the largest CPA and CMA review course provider in India. They operate retail-training sessions across 9 cities and also partner with corporate and universities across India. Miles Education is also the official partners of IMA (Institute of Management Accountants), US, for the CMA program in India.
As global marketplaces get increasingly competitive for accountants and financial professionals, US Certifications in accounting and finance have started acting as key differentiators in ensuring job readiness and career advancement. Not only do these certifications empower professionals with skill-sets for global credibility and opportunities with Multi-national corporations, but they can also be achieved in a relatively much shorter time frame as compared to equivalent Indian certifications.
CMA offered by Institute of Management Accountants(IMA),US.
Only 2 papers (75%MultipleChoicequestions) with exams in India.
Part 1: Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance, and Control
(4 hours–100 multiple- choice questions and two 30-minute essay questions)
Part 2: Financial Decision Making
(4 hours–100 multiple- choice questions and two 30- minute essay questions)
- US equivalent of Indian CMA (from ICWAI) or CIMA-UK.
- Extensive Career opportunities with MNCs in accounting & finance roles.
- Highly recommended for Indian B.Com/BBA/MBA/CA/ICWAI students
- Students can take up CMA qualification and write exams while pursuing their under-graduation. Students get an international certification along with their University graduation
- International recognition in accounting & finance.
- Extensive career opportunities with MNCs in accounting and Finance roles.
- Global Salary Survey from IMA says that CMAs earn 63% more in total compensation than non-CMAs.