Prof (Dr). R.C. Joshi
BE (NIT Allahabad ) ME & Ph.D (Roorkee Uni / IIT- Roorkee)
Graphic Era University
Message from the Desk of Chancellor, Prof (Dr). R.C. Joshi
The professional and technical education scenario is evolving at a rapid pace, and institutions like ours are destined to play a pivotal role in this evolution. We are poised to be the drivers of this change. And let me assure you, we are ready!!
As an educator, I have been associated with Graphic Era University in various advisory positions earlier. And now, taking up as Chancellor of GEU, I recognize and accept this responsibility of leading the institution to its glory. Graphic Era University ensures the overall development of students with state-of the-art teaching learning and research environment. All academic programs are of high quality and geared towards industry requirements. The collaboration with several industries and foreign universities make the students more competitive.
I would like to see the culmination of my academic experience and the GEU philosophy, to create a bright future for the entire GEU fraternity – its students, faculty members and the staff members. Eventually, I know that this future will inevitably trickle down to the larger sections of our society. And this excites me immeasurably!!
My heartiest welcome to all our new students in GEU, with the excellent faculty, infrastructure and placements, I realize that you are all here to see your future take shape in front of you. GEU, you and I, will together manifest this vision for you.
Profile of Prof (Dr). R.C. Joshi
Dr. R.C. Joshi Former Prof. E. & C.E. Department at IIT Roorkee and Chancellor at Graphic Era University Dehradun, received his B.E degree from NIT Allahabad in1967, M.E.1st Div. with Honors and Ph.D Degree from Roorkee University, now IIT Roorkee, in 1970 & 1980 respectively.
He worked as a Lecturer in J.K Institute, Allahabad University during 1967-68.He joined Roorkee University in 1970 as Lecturer, became Reader in 1980 and Prof. in 1987. He had been Head of Electronics & Computer Engineering from Jan 1991-1994 & Jan. 1997 to Dec. 1999. He was also the Head of Institute Computer Centre, IIT Roorkee from March 1994 to Dec. 2005.He was on short visiting Professor’s Assignment in University of Cincinnati, USA. University of Minnesota, U.S.A & Macquarie University Sydney Australia also visited France under Indo-France collaboration program during June 78 to Nov. 79. Dr. Joshi has guided 27 Ph.Ds, 250 M.Tech, Dissertation, 75 B.E Projects. He had taught more than 25 subjects in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering & Information Technology.
He has worked as a Principal Investigator in number of Sponsored Projects of Ministry of Information & Communication Technology, DRDO, AICTE, UNDP, ISEA etc
- Dr. Joshi had been a Member/Chairman of Various expert Committee like AICTE, NBA, DEC, UGC, Board of Directors of Hiltron and Board of Governors of various Institutions. He has written 8 Books/Book Chapters and several technical reports. Dr. Joshi has published more than 250 Research Papers in International/National Journals’/ Conferences.
- Dr. Joshi has organized various National and International Conferences. Also Chaired sessions in Various Conferences like International Conferences on Robotics & Expert Systems in Pittsburg USA, International Conference on parallel Processing as St. Charles Chicago USA. Dr. Joshi had delivered Key-note address in several National & International Conferences.
- Dr. Joshi has delivered several special lectures in various U.S Universities and Research Organization like University of Detroit, University of Raleigh, University Of Texas Dallas Austin, University of Florida, Amolo Research Centre, University of Minnesota, University of Cincinnati etc. He had also delivered several special lectures in Indian Universities /Institutions .
- He also delivered Ramanujan Memorial lecture on “Personal Identification” and Verification using Biometric, Smartcard and Bluetooth Technology at IIT- Roorkee.
- He conducted various courses in continuing Education Department and Institute Computer Centre at IIT- Roorkee.
- He also initiated several collaborative Projects with Bhava Atomic Research Centre Bombay & Macquarie’s University Australia.
- Dr. Joshi was selected as “Star Performer” at IIT- Roorkee. He was awarded Gold Medal by Institution of India for Best Research Paper.
- His Paper along with Co-authors was awarded Best Research Paper in 27th IEEE International Performance computing and Communication Conference Austin USA 2008.
- Dr. Joshi retired from IIT Roorkee on 30 June 2011 and joined Graphic Era University as a Chancellor in 01 July 2011.