Awards & Achievements
Dr Ghanshala awarded Visionary Edupreneur of India award+
Dehradun, 11 December: President of Graphic Era group, Prof. Dr Kamal Ghanshala received the Visionary Edupreneur of India award 2017 for his exemplary work in the field of higher education. Former president of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee awarded Dr Kamal Ghanshala today at a convention held in Delhi.
Dr Kamal Ghanshala has received this award for his relentless and committed service towards creating an educational ecosystem which has lead to inculcate curiosity and drive among students to inquire, innovate, create and lead. This award also recognises his efforts in developing a strong value system among the students which they continuously bring to practice. The award was presented by former President Shri Pranab Mukherjee on his 82nd birthday in the national convention of eduleaders and edupreneurs in higher education held in Delhi.
The convention was organised by re-think India at the civil services officers’ institute in Delhi. The convention was attended by prominent educationalists and individuals associated with higher education in the nation. Notably, Dr. Kamal Ghanshala has also received excellence award in the field of higher education in the international summit organised in Newyork, USA last year in 2016.
Graphic Era University Awarded ESQR’s Quality Choice Prize 2016 in Berlin (Germany), on 12 December, 2016+
Graphic Era University has been conferred the ESQR’s Quality Choice Prize 2016, at Berlin in Germany. The ESQR’s Quality Choice Prize, is conferred by the European Society for Quality Research (ESQR), on the companies, organizations, public administrations, in recognition of the ethics and initiatives that demonstrate exceptional success in quality management and that maximize the full potential of their services through quality-oriented practices. The ESQR’s Quality Choice Prize program rewards the initiatives and strategies that business leaders implement in their companies and organizations.
Graphic Era University was selected for this award in recognition of its excellence in its academic services and constant endeavor to achieve quality and innovations. Prof (Dr) Kamal Ghanshala, Chancellor Graphic Era University received the award in the power packed ceremony held at the hotel Grand Hyatt Berlin (Germany), on 12 December, 2016.
The award was given to Seventy-four top companies, public administrations and organizations, around the world for excelling in their services/products and for pushing the limits of quality with innovations. The awards were given away in the presence of the international business community. Some of the leading companies that received the ESQR Award-2106 are BMW Group (Germany), ASICS Corporation (Japan), Azienda USL di Modena (Italy), Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad, Fidelity Bank (Nigeria),Okuma Corporation (Japan), Museo Historico Comunal (Argentina), Hydra-Arc (Pty) Ltd. (South Africa), Kharkiv Metro (Ukraine), Institute for Additional Professional Education of Workers for Social Services (Russia), Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy (Finland, Utena University of Applied Sciences (Lithuania)
Prof. (Dr) Kamal Ghanshala Conferred International Global Achiever’s Award by Achievers’ Forum , Bangkok+
Prof (Dr) Kamal Ghanshala The Chancellor of Graphic Era University has been conferred another International award; “Global Achievers Award-2016” in Bangkok.
This prestigious international award is conferred for outstanding contribution and achievement in the field of Education and Social Service.
Dr Kamal Ghanshala received this honour during the second International Seminar, Achievers Forum, held at Bangkok, in Thailand, in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the cause of quality education and his achievements in the field of education and Social Service.
Prof (Dr) Kamal Ghanshala is also the recipient of The Best Regional Manager Award conferred by the European Business Assembly, Oxford City, Britain, in field of Education and for his various other achievements.
Apart from successfully representing the two universities of Graphic Era Group and being a proactive educationist, Dr Ghanshala has always been at the forefront of relief operations , in any calamity that has befallen the state of Uttarakhand. Be it the natural calamity of floods, in the hills of the state, the forest fires, he has risen to the occasion and rendered yeoman’s services, to bring relief to the affected people.
Dr Ghanshala is an academician, par excellence and plays a significant role in the International community
Graphic Era University, from India, winner of the BID International Quality Summit Award in New York 2016+
New York hosted this year's BID International Quality Summit Convention, where professionals and business leaders from around the world gathered to recognize excellence and success. In particular, the convention celebrated quality in business and operations. Award winners demonstrated commitment to the criteria of the QC100 TQM Model, which helps bolster customer satisfaction and cost efficiency across all areas of operation.
Prof Dr. Kamal Ghanshala of Graphic Era University, from India, received the International Quality Summit Award in the Gold Category at the BID Quality Convention in New York. The organization has made huge strides this year as a leader not only within its sector, but also in India. The Award came as an ideal way to celebrate this past year's successes while looking forward to putting quality first in the year to come.
Prof Dr. Kamal Ghanshala stood before the gathering of international leaders, sharing the company's achievements to date as well as its future ambitions and goals. Despite the difficult current global economic climate, Graphic Era University strives to excel in quality each day, creating a competitive advantage in its industry. For this reason, Graphic Era University won the 2016 BID International Quality Summit Award in New York. The Award is presented by BID to those companies and organizations from around the world that best adhere to excellence and innovation in their practices, putting quality first at all levels of organization.
Graphic Era University awarded Best Regional University by Europe Business Assembly Oxford City, United Kingdom+
Graphic Era University has been awarded Best Regional University by Europe Business Assembly in the prestigious International Summit of Leaders held at Oxford Town Hall, Oxford City UK. Also, Prof (Dr) Kamal Ghanshala, President Graphic Era University was awarded the prestigious Best Manager of the Year in Science and Education Sphere 2015 by Prof John Netting, Director General EBA.
The summit was attended by organizations across all fields of life like Universities, education institutions, business houses including banking, medicine, oil and gas sector, market research organizations and other social organizations from 40 different countries across the globe. From India only Graphic Era University has been awarded the best regional university in the field of education and science. The award ceremony, “Summit of Leaders and Annual Gathering of Academic Union” was held on December 15, 2015 at Oxford Town Hall in Oxford City, UK.
Europe Business Assembly conferred this prestigious award to Graphic Era University for its quality of education, research and innovation practices, consultancy and industry projects, teaching and learning infrastructure, student support system, outstanding placements and other achievements.
The nomination and selection process was based on complex and extensive survey by EBA and recommendations of EBA partners on excellence in technical and professional education, research and student support mechanism. The EBA partners included the European Market Research Centre Belgium, Baden- Vurtennberg Export Academy Germany, the Association of Consultants and Marketologists Czech Republic, Institute of Quality Standards Switzerland and Oxford Academic Society United Kingdom. The process also included collection of relevant information from national and international certification bodies, regional and national associations, academic congresses, forums, exhibitions, industry and media.
GEU’s School of Hotel Management and Hospitality Creates World Record!+
Setting a record and that too a world record is not an easy job, but the School of Hotel Management and Hospitality, Graphic Era University has made it look effortless.
Yes! The school that teaches culinary skills has added a new feather in the cap of the University by bringing world record certification. The School of Hotel Management and Hospitality, Graphic Era University has made it to the coveted list of Limca books of records by making longest burfi. Chef Chandramauli and his team of 33 members including faculty, staff and students made the burfi in a record time of 195 minutes and 15 seconds. The burfi was 161 ft long and 10 inches broad and 1 inch thick.
There was a air of celebrations at the University as soon as the news was declared on August 23, 2016. This is one of the unique culinary feats that have been attempted in this category for the first time. The students and the staff have expressed joy for being included in the record.
Dr Vinay Rana, Head of the Department has expressed his gratitude to Ms Vijaya Ghose , Chief Editor, Limca book of record for issuing the certificate. Initially this record will be added to the list of national records be eventually it will be sent for the inculsion in world records.
Dr Kamal Ghanshala, Chancellor Graphic Era University, sums it up by saying, “The University has created three world records within the time span of two years thereby bringing laurels to the state and the country.”
Student Performance in National/International Level+
- Graphic Era teams win IIT- Bombay, Tech Radiance competition.
- Abhijeet Saini and Madhur Saxena of Mechanical Engineering, GEU for securing I & II Rank in CAD State level competition of India Skills Uttarakhand 2018.
- Shivam Poddar B.Tech CSE (2014-18) secured 50th AIR in GATE.
- The Graphic Era alumnus Ankur Bora of Civil Engineering Department, has been selected in the Indian Engineering Service 2017. IES organized by the Indian Public Service is the most significant test in the field of engineering. In this year, Ankur has been placed at 123 position among the 250 selected candidates from across the country who took this competitive examination.
- GEU DW robotics club playing under North India Robotics Association(NIRA) bagged 1st and 2nd positions at Jaipur.
- Graphic Era' Sheetal Bisht transforms her dreams into reality by becoming a scientist at ISRO.
- 30 March 2017 Graphic Era Bags First Position in Robo-War at IIT- Roorkee and IIT- Ropad Annual Tech-Fest.
- The faculty members and students of Graphic Era University have set a new record. Within a short period of 2 hours and 41 seconds, the Hotel Management Department of Graphic Era University made 521 flavours of salads and set the fourth milestone record in their name.
- 275 students scored above 90 percentile in GATE in last 4 years (including AIR 14, 70, 99, 112).
- 10 students cleared CAT, 29 Defense Services, 17 Banking Services & 25 were selected in Central and State Public Services.
- Gaurav S. Chuphal (B.Tech-ME) secured 99.68 percentile in GATE (ME) in 2015, but he preferred to join Indian Army
- Out of total 12 students selected from all over India in BARC in Computer Science in 2014, two of them were GEU students.
- Subodh Kumar (B.Tech-CSE) secured rank 1 in BARC (CSE) final selection in 2015. Also, out of total 15 students selected from all over India in BARC in Computer Science in 2015, two are GEU students.
- Sugam Gupta, Payal Gupta & Ravi Saini each won “Young Scientist Award” in 8th Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress 2013 for their research contributions.
- Tushar Gupta (B.Tech-ME) awarded scholarship of over Rs. 40 lacs by the University of Texas at San Antonio, USA for MS programme.
- Kalyani Kumar (B.Tech-CE) awarded scholarship of Rs. 35 lacs by the Aalto University, Finland. She also received admissions offer from Imperial College of London - UK, Univ. of Illinois Urbana Champaign-USA.
- Nihar Gupta (B.Tech-ME) awarded scholarship of over Rs. 22 lacs by the University of Texas at San Antonio, USA for MS programme.
- Rohit Joshi (2012) got admission for higher studies in New Zealand University.
- Skand K. Sharma (2012) got admission in Nanyang Technological Univ., Singapore.
- Shivam Gupta was awarded UTSA COE Valero Competitive research Scholarship by the University of Texas at San Antonio, USA for MS programme (2013).
- Rakesh Biswas (B.Tech-BioTech) received a financial grant of Rs 23.89 lacs from Youth Time Intl. Movement at Rhodes youth forum 2013, Prague, Checz Republic
- Payal Gupta (M.Sc.- BioTech) received DST INSPIRE research Fellowship of around Rs. 12 lacs for research on anti fungal drug development.
- Tanya Kukreja (B.Tech-CSE) participated in 2014 Summer Workshop on Design & Innovation at IIT Delhi, receiving stipend of Rs 10000 per month. (There were only 25 students selected from all across the country).
- Thirteen GEU students were offered international internship through AIESEC at Russia, Poland, Morocco, Turkey etc.
- Abhilash Semwal (B.Tech-CSE) awarded cash prize of Rs. 5 lacs by Hon’ble Chief Minister, Uttarakhand for his breakthrough innovation - Portable handheld explosive detector. He also won the award at IIT Kharagpur for his innovation.
- B.Tech-CSE 3rd year students’ team (S. M. Ali, V. Pande and S. Kumar) won the 3rd prize in National Finals of Microsoft Imagine Cup 2014 under World Citizenship category, receiving prizes worth more than Rs. 1 Lacs (60000+ teams from India had participated in this contest).
- Ankit and Amit Rawat (B.Tech-CSE) won the Infosys Aspirations 20-20 Chandigarh DC competition 2013 beating 300+ teams coming from 41 different institutes of North India.
- Megha Saraswat (B.Tech-CSE) received Special Jury Award during Regional finals of prestigious IET India Scholarship Regional Finals 2014. She came within top 0.8% amongst around 4000 nationwide applicants.
- GEU rated as one of the top performing institution in India by IBM in The Great Mind Challenge (IBM-TGMC) in 2009, 2011.
- Several GEU students had received 100+ online course certifications from world reputed Universities (like Univ. of London, Stanford, Princeton, MIT, Duke University, IEEE, Hong Kong Univ. of Science & Technology) via Coursera, edX, NPTEL, etc.
Outstanding Performance of students in Sports/Cultural activities at National level+
- Mohd. Aasif student of Civil Engg won gold, silver and bronze medal in state level shooting competition
- Ms. Aprajita Verma student of Civil Engg won the Miss North India Title, 2015.
- GEU Boys’ Relay Team won third prize in Maharana Pratap Sports Meet-2013.
- 271 NSS students cleared B level and 137 C level in last 4 years.
- 293 NCC cadets cleared B level and 179 C level certificates in 2 years.
- Akash Gupta, Ruchi Rawat and Asif Ali won Gold medal each in 2nd Open National Club Taekwondo at Delhi in 2014
- Mr. Akshay Anand, student of Petroleum Engineering won Gold, Silver and Bronze in the 13th Uttrakhand state Shooting Championship
- Team Gold Medal .22 open sight rifle (junior men category)
- Silver Medal individual .22 open sight rifle (junior men category)
- Bronze medal 10m air rifle (senior men category)
- Lokendra Pal is runners up in Solo Dance competition in India Got Talent of Colors TV channel in 2015.
- D K Joshi won first prize at Pantnagar University in Solo Dance and also reached third round in Chak Dhoom Dhoom TV Show 2015.
- Megha Saraswat (B.Tech-CSE) awarded state level Rani Laxmibai Award (Rs. 50,000 cash, Bronze Statue of Rani LaxmiBai and a citation) from UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on occasion of Birth Anniversary of Hockey Wizard Major Dhyan Chand on 29th Aug 2015. She has participated in International Soft Tennis competition held at Ahmedabad in Nov 2013 and Senior National Soft Tennis competition in June 2013.
- Zeal Group won first prize in THOMSO at IIT Roorkee.
- University cultural team won first prize in Uttarakhand Technical University Cultural Fest, 2011
- University cultural team was overall winner in Rajiv Gandhi Inter-University Youth Festival.
- Aaishwarya Goel was placed in top 12 in Femina Miss India 2014.
- Aman Joshi placed among top 12 in Zee Cine Star.
Congratulations to Prof (Dr) Vinay Rana, HOD School of Hotel Management & Hospitality+
Congratulations to Prof (Dr) Vinay Rana, HOD School of Hotel Management & Hospitality for receiving Aspiring Researcher Welcome Award & Hospitality Educator of the Year Award
GEU fraternity congratulates Dr Vinay Rana for being conferred the “Aspiring Researcher Welcome Award-2015-16” by the Indian Hospitality Congress. Dr Rana has also been conferred “The Hospitality Educator of the Year” Award 2016 by International Society of Hospitality Educators, at Hospitality Conclave, held at Noida on 18 October 2016 .
GEU creation finds Place of honor in Limca Book of Records
The 161 feet long ‘Barfi’ of Semolina made by the Team 33 of the School of Hotel Management & Hospitality School, has been included in The Limca Book of Records -2016. Congratulations to the team, the students and the faculty for this rare feat.