In the changing global environment, a suitable job is of utmost importance for the students graduating from any discipline.
Thus, to facilitate this aspiration of the students we at Graphic Era University have a full-fledged Training and Placement department – The Corporate Resource cell, which works towards the fulfillment of the students' aspirations of attaining the best professional career.
The Corporate Resource Cell is an exceptional initiative of Graphic Era University to provide a comprehensive array of services and support for its students that will assist them in their life-long career development and placement. The department acts as a central hub for the overall development of the student for the final placement and is a storehouse of all information and resources.
It is an intermediary between the corporate world and the University students to provide the guidance for their choice of career and access to employers by generating ample opportunities for placements and brings awareness to the faculty and the students to prepare according to the changing demands of the industry. It also maintains an ongoing corporate networking programme to place students and ensures a continuing flow of placement opportunities.
Key Responsibilities of Corporate Resource Cell
- Conducting workshops by eminent professionals from industries and educational organizations of national and international repute.
- Organizing industrial visits and summer training.
- Interacting with the corporate houses for the placement of the students.
- Maintaining constant liaisoning with the concerned HR personnel of the companies visiting the campus.
- Counseling of students for career development.
- Conducting PDP programmes for the overall development of the student viz; verbal communication skills, group discussions, aptitude, attitude, competencies, interests, personality IQ/EQ development and interview techniques.
- Developing alliances with the academic arm of industries to offer their courses as electives besides the University curriculum.
Companies like Accenture, Wipro, Infosys Technologies, Samsung Software Labs,Syntel India Ltd., I- Flex, L &T Infotech Ltd., HCL Technologies, Tata Consultancy Services, Impetus, Nucleus Software, Polaris Labs, Assurgent Technologies, Perot Systems, IBM, Tech Mahindra ltd., Sapient Corporation, Inter Globe Technologies, Indian Army, Indian Navy, Altria group etc have been kind enough to provide placements to our students. The students have been from B Tech. ( Computer Science, Electronics and Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Instrumentation and Control, Information Technology and Mechanical branches), MCA, MBA, M Sc IT and MTech. Many of the students have also taken up teaching as a profession and have been placed as Lecturers with various engineering colleges in the state of Uttarakhand and the neighbouring states.