About The Department
Graphic Era University gives undergraduate education a top priority; the department of Psychology is engaged in an ongoing process of ensuring that our students have the opportunity to master the most valuable outcomes in the field of Psychology. In the field of Psychology the department adheres to the guidelines laid down by APA (American Psychological Association), in 2013 for high quality program in undergraduate degree in Psychology. Our emphasis is on robust learning and assessment activities and studying Psychology as strong liberal art for preparation for a satisfying career.
Vision of the Department
- The mission of the department is to develop and maintain academic curriculum and co-curricular activities that help students acquire a broad base of knowledge of Psychology.
- Students should acquire the intellectual, communication skills, and develop characteristics that encourage personal fulfillment, meaningful professional life and responsible citizenship.
Ba Psychology (H) 3 Years Undergraduate Degree Program:
- The students will learn the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- Critical thinking skills, creativity and inquiry are an important component of the Psychology therefore the students will develop scientific approach to analyzing the problems related to behavior and mental processes, , evaluate evidence and use research theories in find solutions, thereto.
- Students will understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation.
Students will understand and apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues and cultivate the mindset that would ensure that they are able to tolerate behavioral ambiguity and act ethically.
- Study of Psychology creates awareness about the complexity of socio-cultural and international diversity. They inculcate sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversities
With a broad-base of knowledge regarding behavior and mental processes, an undergraduate degree in psychology will prepare you for advanced study in
- Clinical/Counseling psychology
- Educational psychology
- Developmental, organizational and Social, and psychology
Students with a bachelor's degree in psychology can also pursue entry-level positions in fields
- Mental health management
- Human resources
- Social work
- With a combination of classroom theory and practical experience, students will be prepared for a rewarding future.
- The psychology program provides many opportunities for experiential learning through internships and field placements, social service agencies, drug abuse counseling agencies, probation offices and schools.