Department of hotel management was established in the year 2004 keeping in mind the need for providing quality skilled manpower for hospitality industry. Since then the department continues to prepare dedicated industry professionals and focuses on training the students in a way that they meet head on challenges of the hotel industry. The Department of Hotel management has been upgraded to School of Hotel management and Hospitality from the year 2015.
The School of Hotel management and Hospitality (SOHMH) offers 1 year Certificate course in Hotel and Hospitality Management, 4 years degree under the course Bachelor of Hotel Management and also offer PhD in hotel management.
ADVANTAGE GEU –SOHMH
GEU-SOHMHM provides holistic development of candidates as hospitality professionals through:-
- Modern day industry based syllabi in accordance with choice based credit scheme (CBCS) as prescribed by UGC
- Highly experienced handpicked faculties of rich industry exposure, GEU-SOHMH has specialist trainers for each core hotel management areas.
- World class infrastructure with state of the art laboratory, classroom and support facilities. Nestled in lush green surroundings, the cosmopolitan campus is aptly suited for modern day learning.
- The active training/placement cell is focused on providing quality placement assistance. The GEU-SOHMH Alumni is placed nationally and internationally with reputed brands viz.
Cruise liners, aviation services and many more.
- The GEU-SOHMH provides value added hospitality training combined with various special sessions like –Life skills training, Personality development, Special bar training, Guest lectures from luminaries of hospitality industry and on campus NSS & NCC wing. The ultra modern sports facilities and activities provide avenue for physical and mental development.