Department of Mechanical & Automobile Engineering, GEU, Dehradun
International Research Collaborations Made with AVL-AST, Graz, Austria with Mechanical Engg Deptt. Graphic Era University Dehradun
from Indian Side;
PI : Dr. Ing. Maharshi Subhash
Co-PI : Prof. V. K.Tewari
from Austrain Side:
PI: Research group of Prof. Reinhard Tatschl
- 2nd runner up OF all India EFFICAR championship Oct 2016
Got best cost award winner INR 15000
January 2016 onwards
- Industrial visits/ Guest lectures/ national level seminar/ symposium/ Conference held at Deptt
Student Achievements in 2015-2016
- WINNER OF all India ECOKART championship 2016
BEST BUILT KART
- RAJAT SAINI ME 8th sem student Secured Rank 1 in National level Aerial Drone Competition held at IIT BHU (Varanasi) during Technex 16.
Recieved Cash prize and Certificate of Merit for the same.
Also secured Rank 1 in both Aerial Drone and hovercraft racing competition during Techkriti 15 at IIT KANPUR.
- TEAM “MECHAME RACERS”\ACHIEVEMENTS IN – “MEGA ATV CHALLENGE” (2016)
Overall 17th position among 76 participating teams.
Cleared all 137 Technical Inspection parameters in first attempt.
5th position in Flood Simulation.
4th position in Landslide Simulation.
10th position in Earthquake Simulation.
12th position in braking.
14th position in flat dirt race.
Completed 12 laps in 1.5 hours during Endurance and Blackout race.
Student Achievements in 2014-2015
- Elite Karting’15 was a national level go-kart championship organised by Elite Techno Group, held at RPM circuit, Bhopal (25/Feb/2015-28/Feb/2015) in which Mechame Racers, a team from Department of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering – Graphic Era University had successfully participated.
- The achievements of the team in the event are as following:
1st in North India.
5th position among 133 teams all over India.
Most dynamically balanced kart award.
Fastest kart of the championship.
Record Autocross in 24.9 seconds.
Best fabricated kart of the championship.
Best in sales presentation.
Most adjustable kart of the championship.
1st team in the final event to clear all 40 parameters of the technical inspection.
12th rank in virtual round all over India.
- Team VONK of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering Department, consisting of 15 students, participated in national level event named Eco-Kart 2015 and finally secured 3rd position in overall India and 1st position in North India. They got prize money of 15000 INR for attaining 3rd position
Best setup in virtual round
Nominated for best design
Nominated for best logo design
Winner of face-off round with a record of 32 sec
All India ranking 3rd
Ist in North zone
- Somjit Mandal , student of second year B Tech in ME has been awarded Young Scientist award for Best Oral Presentation under the discipline Engineering Science and Technology in the 9th Uttarakhand State science and Technology Congress 2014-15, 26-28 February , 2015 at Uttarakhand State Council for Science & Technology, Vigyan Dham, Dehradun.
- Team GEU Bortix consisting of team members Deeepak Rajput (ME), Jai Anand ( ME) , Manas Upadhyay (ECE), Naveen Thapliyal (CE) won the third position at College of Technology (GBPUAT) Pantnagar in the event combat robotics “ Hell in a cell” and got a cash prize of Rs 15,000/.
- Team GEU Bortix won the third prize at the University of Petroleum studies, Dehradun in the event Combat robotics and got a cash prize of Rs 5000/.
- Team GEU Bortix modified the concept of wireless electric lawn mower for making it economical. They represented the project at Vibrant Uttarakhand Trade fair and 9th UCOST summit. The project was greatly appreciated by Hounouarable Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Government.
- In the Sae Nis 2014 Conention held at GEU Ddn on 22 Nov 2014, 3 of our students got prizes in three diffrent events as follows
. Prakhar Srivastava (3rd year ME) secured second position in Technical paper presentation and awarded a cash prize of Rs 3000.
- Praveen Silori (Final year, ME) secured second position in Car Sketching competition and awarded a cash prize of Rs 3000.
- Devendra Bisht (3rd year, ME) secured First position in Design challenge competition and awarded a cash prize of Rs 5000.
- CRICKET TEAM OF ME & AME WON THE PRESIDENT CUP 2014-15
- Deepak Vinayak :Best allrounder in cricket president cup(2014-15)
- Deepak Vinayak : Best bowler in cricket president cup(2014-15)
- Rajat Kumar Saini as part of Rotor Bones Secured First position in Aerial Drone competition, with a record payload lift of 2.47 times weight of drone, at IIT Kanpur during Techkriti festival held 19-22 Mar 2015
- Rajat Kumar Saini as part of Alpha Zilant secured first position in unmanned hovercraft completion, with a record lap time of 48 seconds, at IIT Kanpur during Techkriti festival held 19-22 Mar 2015.
- Rajat Kumar Saini as part of alpha pirates secured rank 7 in Boeing National AeroModeling competition at IIT Kanpur during Techkriti festival held 19-22 Mar 2015. In this competition international teams from China & Japan also participated
- Rajat Jain , Project Title- E-BUSES- AN ENERGY EFFICIENT TRANSPORTATION, TECH-EXPO by ANUSHRUTI IIT ROORKEE (Ranked- 3rd in 2013), TECH-EXPO by NRDC & UCOST (Ranked 1st in 2014),
- Research project of 18.3 lakhs is in progress in the area of finite element analysis sponsored by DST, New Delhi (Principal Investigator: Dr. Pravin Patil)
- Developed Advanced Modelling and Simulation Lab based on FEA software ANSYS 14.5 ( Research Academic version ) sponsored by Department of Science & Technology , Govt. of India
- Organized ten seminars/ workshops/Invited expert talked by eminent persons in various thrust areas of the department.
- Research Scholars/Postgraduate / undergraduate students with the help of faculties have published 40+ research papers in international journals/ conferences
Department Curricular Activities
- Faculty of ME and AME participated for FDP in the following Technical Programmes through Video Conferencing with the initiative of NITTTR Chandigarh.
- IC Engines: 27-31 may 2013.
- Soft Computing: 11-15 nov 2013.
- Cyber Crime & Forensic tools: 27-31 jan 2014.
- SAE Faculty advisors RL Mendiratta and Kapil Sharma accompanied the students of GEU SAE collegiate club to take part in SAE NIS student convention 2013’ held at UPES on 26th oct 2013.
- Mr. Gagan Bansal and Anurag Singh accompanied the students of Vth sem ME& AME batch 2011-15 for Industrial Tour to SIDKUL Pantnagar, 11-15 sep 2013.
Student Curricular Activities:
- Tushar Gupta awarded Scholarship of over Rs. 40 lacs by the University of Texas at San Antonia, USA for M.S. programme.”
- Team of 3 Students from Pre-Final Year had represented in SAE Supra 2012, a National level car design and fabrication contest, at ANSYS Office, Pune on 27th January, 2012.
- Ishank Sahadeva was placed in Olam International Pvt. Ltd (Singapore based company) posting at Gabon, Africa with a Package of more than 20Lacs/annum in the year 2013.
- More than 30 students have qualified GATE 2013 and more than 12 students have +95 percentile.
- Various students from Mechanical Engineering Department are placed in different Multinational companies like AshokLeyland, Reckitt Benckiser, Accenture,Wipro,Tech Savvy Engineers, Agro-Technology, Ceasefire, Genpact , Jbmauto , etc.
- 42 students of ME and AME branch (Batch 2011-15) went on an Industrial Tour visiting TATA Motors and Bajaj Auto Ltd. SIDKUL Pantnagar during 11-15 Sep 2013.
- 50 Students of SAE GEU collegiate club participated in SAE NIS student convention 2013, held at UPES on 26th October 2013.
- Mr. Chakarpani the student of GEU won the First prize in Car Design competition. Eight SAE collegiate club of different Universities/ Engineering colleges of Dehradun participated in the convention. Mr. Chakarpani was awarded a cash prize of Rs 5000/- & a certificate of merit.
- A team of four members of GEU won a consolation prize in quiz competition.
- Four students of GEU IV sem AME branch (Batch 2012-16) participated in IC Engine Workshop conducted by Elite-Techno Tech. Group at United College of Engineering & Technology , Greater Noida, 15-20 Feb 2014.
Dr. Scahin Mangla & Surbhi Uniyal, PhD Scholar, Deptt ME
- Won best paper award at Nagpur, Maharashtra in 58th National Convention of Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering and an International Conference on Smart Strategies for Digital World - An Industrial Engineering Perspective during 21-22 October, 2016
Dr. Pravin Patil
- DST Young scientist Award 2013 (Grant Rs. 18.3 Lakhs)
- More than 30 Research papers published in international journals and conferences.
- Expert Reviewer for IEEE Transactions/ Elsevier Journals
- Member of various international professional societies like ASME, IEEE etc
- Meritorious Research Award on Research Day for Year 2011-2012 at Graphic Era University.
- 16 years of Academic and Research experience
Mr. Rajesh Prasad Verma
- Certified as “Interscience Young Investigator” in 2012 by Agency for Science, Technology and Research (ASTAR), India.
- PhD thesis (Field: Fatigue analysis of welded joint and Optimization) is about to be completed from Mechanical Department, MNNIT-Allahabad.
Mr. R. K. Kapooria
- Completed about 36 numbers of research manuscript reviewing invitations from Elsevier Journal Impact factor 6.627, Indexed in Scopus and Science Direct, John Wiley Inter Science Publication, Impact Factor 1.987 and publication of Energy Research Center, University of Cape Town, Southern Africa Impact Factor 0.21 in the year 2013.
- Obtained International Research Grant from Elsevier for unlimited download of research papers for the year 2013.
- Obtained Elsevier, Scopus and ScienceDirect invitation for Reviewer(s) Reception Event at United Kingdom in the year 2013.