Achievements of students or faculty members.
- One Ph. D degree awarded to Mrs. Meenu Sharma (Research Scholar), Thesis title "Chemical study of Andrographis faciculata for pharmaceutical potential"
under the supervision of Dr. R. G. Sharma (2013).
- One Ph. D degree awarded to Mrs. Neetu Sharma (Faculty ), Thesis title
"Chemical investigation of Swertia - Chirayita for resourceful application in pharmaceutical industries"
under the supervision of Dr. Bhawana (2014).
- One Ph. D degree awarded to Mr. Mahesh Chandra (Research Scholar), Thesis title
"Characterization and pharmacological activity of essential oil of some indigenous medicinal plants of Uttarakhand"
under the supervision of Dr. R. K. Bachheti and Dr. Brijbhushan (2015).
- One Ph. D thesis submitted by Sarika (Research Scholar), Thesis title "Development of electroless nanocomposite coatings"
under the supervision of Dr. C. K. Saini (2015).
One research project is going on in Chemistry department from DST, Title "
Development of effective and cheap adsorbents from poplar saw dust for removal of metal ions from waste water".
DST project sanctioned amount - Rs 25 Lakhs. (PI Dr. Arunima Nayak and Co PI Dr. Brijbhushan).
Research Papers published by Chemistry Department:
- Bhawana Kweera, Sanjay Naithani, Neetu Sharma “Minimization of PollutionProperties of Spent Liquor through Chemical Additive Pulping,”
Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry 4 (8), 1302-1304 August 2011.
- Bhawana Bisht Kweera; Sanjay Naithani, “Environment friendly bleaching of
Eucalyptus tereticornis, Research Journal of Science and Tech.3(5):292-294, Sept-Oct 2011.
- Bhawana Kweera, Neetu Sharma, “Phytochemistry, Ethnobotany & Pharmacology of
Swerita chiratya” Medicinal Plants (International Journal of Phytomedicines and Related Industries) 3(3), 261-263, Sept 2011.
- Bhawana Kweera and Neetu Sharma, Vikas Jadon, Yogesh Negi, Varsha Parcha“Phytochemical analysis and in-vitro antibacterial acitivity of
Swerita chirata whole plant in different solvents”Journal of Pharmacy Research Dec. 2011, 4(12), 4448-4449.
- Uday Kumar, Bhawana Kweera “Comparative Analysis of Nutritional Value and Aflatoxin of Maize Grain from Different Sites of Rajasthan” International Journal of Scientific and technology Research Vol 2 (8) Aug 2013, ISSN 2277-8616.
- R. K. Nariyal, P. Kothari and B. Bisht " FTIR Measurements of SiO2 Glass Prepared by Sol - Gel Technique" Chemical Science Transactions, 2014, 3(3).
- P. Kothari , R. K. Nariyal, and B. Bisht "Absorption Spectral Studies of Er+ Ions in Sol - Gel Derived Silica Glass" IJRSI, 2014, 1(6).
- R. K. Nariyal, P. Kothari and B. Bisht, " Optical Absorption Study of Nd+ Ion in Silica Glass" IJRSI, 2014, 1(6).
- Meenu Sharma, R. G. Sharma, R. D. Rawat, Neetu Sharma “Evaluation of Phytochemical and Antibacterial Activity of Hot and cold Methanolic Extract of Leaves and Whole plant of Andrographis Paniculata”
International Journal of Chem. Science Vol. 9(3), 960 2011.
- Meenu Sharma, R. D. Rawat, R. G. Sharma and Zafar Mahmood “ Comparative Study of Phytochemical and Antibacterial Activity of
Andrographis Paniculata at two different stages of life cycle of crop”
- R.K. Bachheti, D.P. Pandey, Archana Joshi, Vikas Rana and Indra Rai “ Phytochemical analysis of aerial parts of Ixora paviflora” International journal of Chem Tech Research Vol. 3, No. 3, pp 1028-1032, july- sept 2011.
- R.K Bachheti, Indra Rai, Archana Joshi, D.P. Pandey and Ashutosh Sharma “Physico-Chemical and Elemental Analysis of Ash of Some Medicinal Plants from Garhwal Region, Uttarakhand, India by Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer (AAS). International journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences vol 4, suppl 4, 2012.
- R.K. Bachheti, Ashutosh Sharma, Indra Rai, Archana Joshi, Ritu Mamgain “Fatty acid composition and elemental analysis of seed oil of tectona grandis
collected from Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. International journal of Chem Tech Research, 2012, Vol.4, No.3, pp 1119-1123.
- Bachheti R.K., Indra Rai, Archana J., and Rana V. “Physico- Chemical study of seed oil of prunus armeniaca L. grown in Garhwal region (India) and its comparison with some conventional food oils” International Food research Journal 19(20): 577- 581 (2012).
- Indra Rai, R.K. Bachheti, Archana Joshi, and D.P. Pandey. ““Physico-Chemical and Elemental Analysis of some non cultivated seed oils collected from Garhwal region, Uttarakhand (India), International journal of Chem Tech Research, vol.5, No. 1, pp 232-236.
- R.K. Bachheti, Indra Rai, Ashok kumar, Archana Joshi and Minbale Aschale, “Development and Comparision of , HPLC and LC- MS Method for Determination of Tetracyline Antibiotics” Vol 3, Issue-2, April- June 2012.
- Rajat Singh, R.K. Bachheti, Shiva Saraswat & Santosh Kumar Singh, “ Assessment of Phytochemical and Biological Potentials of Bauhinia variegate L.” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research Vol 4, Issue 1. 95-100 2012.
- Archana Joshi, P.K. Singhal and R.K. Bachheti, “ Oil Content Variation and Physico- Chemical Properties of Jatropha Curus Seed oil Collected from Kumaun region of Uttarakhand, India. Int. J. chem. Sci.: 10(4), 2012, 1951-1958.
- Arunima Nayak, Brij Bhushan, Prerna Singh, “Biosorption and reuse potential of a native blue green alga for the removal of hazardous reactive dyes”. Journal of Hazardous Materials, Communicated.(IF-4.17).
- Arunima Nayak, Brij Bhushan, “A critical analysis on the efficiency of activated carbons from low cost precursors for heavy metals remediation” , Advances In Colloid and Interface Science, Communicated. (IF-8.12).
- Brij Bhushan, Arunima Nayak “Formation of nucleobases from formamide in the presence of manganese oxide” OLEB accepted. (2013).
- Neetu Sharma, Rajendra Prasad Kala and Bhawana Kweera, “Comparative Study of the Elemental Composition of
Swertia chirayita from two different sites of Garhwal in Uttrakhand”, International Journal of Chemical Sciences, Vol. 11(4), pp. 1713-1720, 2013 (Scopus indexed).
- Neetu Sharma, V. K. Varshney, R. P. Kala, Bhawana Kweera, Meenu Sharma, “Antioxidant Capacity and Total Phenolic Content of Swertia chirayita in Uttarakhand”, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science Review and Research, Vol. 23(1), pp. 259-261, 2013 (Scopus indexed).
- A. Sharma and R. K. Bachheti “A Review on Ipomoea Carnea” International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences, vol. 4(4): Pp 363 – 377, 2013. (Scopus Indexed).
- Research Scholar Mr. Manoj Kumar of 2011 batch got Young Scientist Award for Poster presentation in discipline Material Science & Nanotechnology in 8th Uttarakhand State Science & Technology Congress -2013
- The Engg. Physics lab PHY 151/251 is in B.Tech Ist/IInd semester (all branches). In the academic year 2013-24 we have introduced four new experiments in the lab:
- To determine magnetic susceptibility of paramagnetic substance using Quincke’s Method
- To determine Planck’s constant by photoelectric Effect
- Verification of Malus Law
- To determine wavelength λ of monochromatic light using α by Fresnel Biprism experiment.
- Workshop organized for Faculty Development Organized Campus Connect Soft skills 'Deep Dive Faculty Enablement Program (DDFEP)' for faculty members from 16th - 20th December’2013
- 8 – 08 – 2013 Guest Lecture by Mr. Nikhil Datta , Assitant Training Manager, Hotel Park Plaza Chandigarh.
- 02 – 09 – 2013 Mr. Neeraj Aggarwal has been a resource person, in a national seminar organized by MD UNIVERSITY Rohtak.
- 06 – 09 -2013 Mr. Arvind Thapa & Mr. Manish Rawat participated in Chef Competition organized by Department of Hotel Management, AMITY UNIVERSITY Noida.
- 12 – 10 – 2013 Mr. Neeraj Aggarwal has been a resource person, in a international seminar organized by DEVSANSAKRITI UNIVERSITY, Haridwar.
- 13 – 11 – 2013 Guest Lecture by Professor S.K. GUPTA, Dean & Head, CMTHS,HNB GARHWAL UNIVERSITY, Srinagar.
- 16 – 11 – 2013 Mr. Neeraj Aggarwal & Mr. Ravish Kukreti attended National Seminar at MM UNIVERSITY, Mullana, Ambala.
- 06 – 12 – 2013 to 16 – 12 – 2013 Mr. Akash Rawat, Mr. Vipul Bhandari , Mr. Ravish Kukreti along with team of 30 students participated at Science Conclave at IIIT ALLAHABAD.
- 07 – 01 -2014 Prof. Neeraj Aggarwal have been called as Moderator at UTTRKHAND PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, Haridwar.
- Prof. Neeraj Aggarwal has cleared UGC NET June 2013.
- Prof. Neeraj Aggarwal have awarded PhD. In Tourism Management.
- Dr. Pradeep Kumar Sharma (Assistant Professor)
- Published 4 research papers in international journals (Three papers in journal of Ecological Engineering, Elsevier, Impact Factor: 2.958, One paper in Journal of Water Science and Technology, Impact Factor: 1.102).
- Submitted one research project entitled “Dairy Wastewater treatment using pilot-scale hybrid sub-surface Constructed Wetland systems operating under different recirculation rates” in Ministry of Environment and Forest (Total Cost: Rs. 38.18 Lakh).
- Developed an innovative working system for “Waste water treatment”.
- Dr. Pratibha Naithani (Associate Professor)
- Published 2 research papers in international journals (One paper in “Environmental Monitoring Assessment” , Impact factor: 1.59) & one in International Journal of Development Research, Impact factor: 0.53).
- Ms. Sugam Gupta
- Won “Young scientist award” in 8th Uttarakhand state Science and Technology on presentation entitled “Lichen based Biomonitoring studies in Badrinath, along land use and nitrogen load gradients”.
- Published One paper entitled Influence of macroscale environmental variables on diversity and distribution pattern of lichens in Badrinath valley, Western Himalaya in Journal of Mycosphere online: “Journal of Fungal Biology”, Impact Factor: 1.0285
- Mrs. Preeti Tiwari
- Published 1 research paper in International ‘Journal of Development Research’, Impact Factor (0.53)
- 26 – 02 -2014 Team of 4 students participated in Chef Competition, Flower Arrangement Competition organized by Amarpali Institute of Hotel Management, Haldwani.