"A Visionary who dreamt and realized his dreams"
"We strive to create a learning environment for students where they unfold their potential and closely interact with the practitioners from the corporate world"
Prof. (Dr) Kamal Ghanshala
President, Graphic Era Group of Institutions
Ph.D, Computer Science. M. Tech, B.E.
Today as I look back at the accomplishments of Graphic Era in last 24 years, I can see how it has adapted to the velocity of change. From Graphic Era Institute of Technology to a Graphic Era University, it has progressed and kept abreast of the rapid changes taking place in the field of academic, pedagogical spheres and growing demand of industry for highly skilled manpower. When I think about the privilege and honor of leading this institution for more than two decades I am struck by how we have changed in ways that are both profound and subtle. Today colleges and universities are facing changing student demographics, issues of quality and value and increased competition. Their success requires transformative change to enable new teaching and learning approaches. As higher education is rapidly evolving, Graphic Era University is at the cutting edge of the movement. We are competing boldly and taking new paths—yet staying grounded to our mission of delivering quality education, building teaching excellence, introducing innovative study programs, customizing and updating our course content to match the industry requirements, setting records in placement, research and consultancy.
Creative and inventive culture, nurtured by our faculty, students and staff, is transforming how we train our students and help them to strengthen their future prospects. In developing Graphic Era University, we have partnered with leaders in corporate sector and research organizations of the country and international universities, for training and placements of our students. We’re leveraging these creative partnerships to stretch our boundaries of excellence collaboration, innovation and creation of skills, across numerous disciplinary fronts. The deep integration of technology in learning has made learning mobile and self-directed. The ultimate goal of learning is; critical thinking, generating work skills, communication, creativity, collaboration, character, education, and citizenship and technology is assisting in big way in accelerating these ideals and making learning irresistibly engaging. With recognition from prestigious institutions Graphic Era University is setting new benchmarks in education.
For students the experience of being at Graphic Era University is rich and diverse. Our academic programs are of high quality, geared towards industry requirements. They are competitive and industry driven, ranging from engineering, science, technology, business, management, commerce, hospitality to humanities and social sciences and our initiative expands to all round knowledge. Our curriculum and pedagogy includes certain ideological inputs, behavioral content and team building aspects, for enhancement of hard and soft skills amongst the students. University also offers study-abroad programs and internship programs in leading organizations of the country and international exposure at premier universities around the world.
Our aim is to provide the best possible environment for teaching, learning and research to the diverse pool of young talent. The kind of resourcefulness and creativity that has become the hallmark of Graphic Era University gives me immense pride in this institution, in the people who learn and work here, and in those who support our mission.
Whether you are part of our Graphic Era Community, or in the process of joining us — through study programs or research — I am proud to welcome you to our vibrant campus.
Profile of Prof.(Dr.) Kamal Ghanshala
Prof.(Dr) Kamal Ghanshala is an engineer, entrepreneur and a philanthropist and posses excellent academic credentials with Bachelor’s and Master's degree in Computer Science & Engineering and Doctoral degree in Computer Science from Kumaon University, Nainital. GEU is a realization of his vision to put on Doon landscape a university that will become all round enabler of excellence for youth.
Prof Ghanshala is a proactive chancellor and a teacher par excellence. He is inarguably, one of the leading experts in teaching of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and ‘C’ languages. His plethora of knowledge is not just confined to the four walls of university but also reflected in many research papers he has written and for which he been felicitated, at national and international levels, such as in Croatia, Denmark, Johannesburg, Turkey, London, Paris Germany and Thailand. He has received wide spread recognition for his leadership qualities and management acumen. He is also an avid sportsman.
Under his dynamic leadership Graphic Era is at the cutting edge of educational innovations, new ideas and new practices.
- Received Distinguished Educationist Award -2016, conferred at The Icons Of Learning Conclave by Business Excellence Research Group (BERG) Singapore, for his immense contribution to the management of quality education and excellent teaching practices.
- Conferred the prestigious Best Manager of the Year Award in Science and Education Sphere 2015 by Europe Business Assembly in the prestigious International Summit of Leaders held at Oxford Town Hall, Oxford City United Kingdom on 15th December 2015.
- Honored as the Program Committee Chair for 4th International Conference on "Computer Communication and Management (ICCCM 2014)" organized in Paris, France on May 21-22, 2014.
- Conferred Best Paper Presentation award at the ‘International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Data Mining and Information Technology (ICIDIT), April 2014’, at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Received Excellent Paper Presentation Award on IT - Initiatives for Empowering Difficult Geographies , at 35th International Conference on Information Technology Interfaces in Cavtat, Croatia – June 24-27, 2013.
- Awarded Certificate for Excellent Paper at the 3rd International Conference on Computer Communication and Management (ICCCM) 2013’,at Copenhagen, Denmark, May 19-20, 2013.
- Conferred prestigious Dr B. C. Roy Award for social services related to health causes, in 2010.
- Conferred the International Gold Star Millennium Award at the International Conference on ‘Celebrating the Global Indian’, by His Excellency Mr. Korn Dabbaransi, Former Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand in 2008.
- Conferred the UttarakhandRatan Award for outstanding contribution to quality Technical and Higher education in Uttarakhand, in 2007.