"A Visionary who dreamt and realized his dreams"
"We strive to create a learning environment for students where they unfold their potential and closely interact with the practitioners from the corporate world"
Prof. (Dr.) Kamal Ghanshala
Ph.D., M.Tech, B.E.
Graphic Era Institute of Technology has transformed into Graphic Era University and I am honoured and humbled by this maiden opportunity to address future students of GEU as its Founder Chancellor .The corporate landscape & contours of its battlefield have undergone drastic shift as a consequence of globalization, IT revolution & emergence of new business models.
At GEU, we like to create an environment where the students identify and nurture their inherent potential. We realise that we have on our shoulders the responsibility to shape the futures of budding business navigators, technocrats and professionals; as also the future of a nation. This here is the crucible that forms future citizens of a developing India; an India that is capable of leading the world. This objective we aim to achieve by incorporating innovative changes in the conventional pedagogy. The curriculum and methods are now to include certain ideological inputs, behavioral content and team building aspects, so that both hard and soft skills are developed amongst the students.
Again, to achieve this objective, we bank upon the intellectual capital we have. And, much like everything else here, this pool of human resource is also changing; for the better. The faculty at GEU is an ingenious mix of both, academia and the industry. A mix that is capable of designing and delivering a curriculum that matches tomorrow’s requirements. Your decision to join GEU is more important than just choosing a college. It will define what you do for a major part of your working life, and possibly beyond it.
God bless all.
Profile of Prof.(Dr.) Kamal Ghanshala
Prof.(Dr) Kamal Ghanshala is an engineer, entrepreneur and a philanthropist and posses excellent academic credentials with Bachelor’s and Master's degree in Computer Science & Engineering and Doctoral degree in Computer Science from Kumaon University, Nainital. GEU is a realization of his vision to put on Doon landscape a university that will become all round enabler of excellence for youth.
Prof Ghanshala is a proactive chancellor and a teacher par excellence. He is inarguably, one of the leading experts in teaching of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and ‘C’ languages. His plethora of knowledge is not just confined to the four walls of university but also reflected in many research papers he has written and for which he been felicitated, at national and international levels, such as in Croatia, Denmark, Johannesburg, Turkey, London, Paris Germany and Thailand. He has received wide spread recognition for his leadership qualities and management acumen. He is also an avid sportsman.
Under his dynamic leadership Graphic Era is at the cutting edge of educational innovations, new ideas and new practices.
- Received Distinguished Educationist Award -2016, conferred at The Icons Of Learning Conclave by Business Excellence Research Group (BERG) Singapore, for his immense contribution to the management of quality education and excellent teaching practices.
- Conferred the prestigious Best Manager of the Year Award in Science and Education Sphere 2015 by Europe Business Assembly in the prestigious International Summit of Leaders held at Oxford Town Hall, Oxford City United Kingdom on 15th December 2015.
- Honored as the Program Committee Chair for 4th International Conference on "Computer Communication and Management (ICCCM 2014)" organized in Paris, France on May 21-22, 2014.
- Conferred Best Paper Presentation award at the ‘International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Data Mining and Information Technology (ICIDIT), April 2014’, at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Received Excellent Paper Presentation Award on IT - Initiatives for Empowering Difficult Geographies , at 35th International Conference on Information Technology Interfaces in Cavtat, Croatia – June 24-27, 2013.
- Awarded Certificate for Excellent Paper at the 3rd International Conference on Computer Communication and Management (ICCCM) 2013’,at Copenhagen, Denmark, May 19-20, 2013.
- Conferred prestigious Dr B. C. Roy Award for social services related to health causes, in 2010.
- Conferred the International Gold Star Millennium Award at the International Conference on ‘Celebrating the Global Indian’, by His Excellency Mr. Korn Dabbaransi, Former Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand in 2008.
- Conferred the UttarakhandRatan Award for outstanding contribution to quality Technical and Higher education in Uttarakhand, in 2007.