1. Regional Seminar on “Intellectual Property and Innovation Management in Knowledge Era”, 13-14 October’ 09, organized by NRDC in collaboration with Graphic Era University, Dehradun.
2. National Conference on “Advances in Biotechnology and its role in Aquatic Biodiversity conservation and fisheries” 17th-18th March, 2010, Government College, Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand Organized jointly by Department of Biotechnology, Graphic Era university, Dehradun and Department of Zoology, RCU government PG College, Uttarkashi.
3. State level awareness campaign against sex- selection and pre- birth elimination of females, 29th Jan, 2011 at Graphic Era University. Supported by: Uttarakhand State Medical, Health and Family Welfare department and Graphic Era University Organized by: Dept. of Hotel Management and Dept. of Biotechnology, Graphic Era University.
4. UCOST sponsored ‘Regional Seminar on Current Trends in Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Industries’ and student’s meet on translational innovative ideas” was organized on 23rd May, 2011.
5. Guest lecture by Prof. G.S.Randhawa (IIT, Roorkee) on “How to be a successful in life” was organized by dept of Biotechnology on 06 Aug, 2011
6. Organized a Faculty Development Program on “Novel Research Ideas in Biotechnology” (NRIB) sponsored by Uttarakhand State Biotechnology Department (Ministry of Science & Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of Uttarakhand) on 23rd-24th December, 2011.
7. Department of Biotechnology organized a 13 days Workshop on “New Tool Bars and advances in Microbial Biotechnology” sponsored by Uttarakhand Sate Biotechnology Department (Ministry of Science & Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of Uttarakhand) from January 8 to January 20, 2012.
1. Mr. Rakesh Biswas filed three patents
2. Mr. Ravi Kumar, M. Sc. Biotec (4th Sem) secured 2nd position in Poster competition in
BIOLOGIC’11 at ONGC organized by Beehive Collegeon 10th March, 2011.
3. Mr. Shivam Jaiswal, B. Tech. Biotech., 6th stood first in the Poster competition in Uttara Techno-Fest 2011: A National Seminar on Body Implanted Microsystem Technology; held at UCTBMS, Dehradun on 9th April, 2011
4. Mr. Rakesh Pant, M. Sc. Microbiology, 2nd Sem claimed 3rd position in Poster Competetion in ‘Regional Seminar on Current Trends in Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Industries’ Graphic Era University, Dehradun; 23rd May, 2011
5. Students of M.Sc. Biotechnology Final semester has been placed for their dissertation work at different reputed places.
6. Arti Rani of M.sc. Biotechnology 2011 Batch has been placed at Panacea Biotec pvt. Ltd. As research associate